From us working mothers to the handy or not-so-handy men that keep us going, we all put our jewelry through a lot. While metals and gems are tough, if we don’t care for them properly they’ll start to lose their sparkle. In order to prevent that, here are some tips to keep your jewelry looking as shiny as ever:
- Every six to twelve months, bring your jewelry in to have it professionally cleaned.
- Purchase jewelry cleaner from Yelton’s Fine Jewelers. This is not a sales plug, it’s just the best. Trust me.
- Place your jewelry in the cleaner every night before you go to bed and leave it there until the sun rises.
- When you get up, remove your bling from the cleaner and rinse it under cool water.
- Wear, sparkle, and accept compliments.
For those of you who have an Ultrasonic cleaner
- Fill Ultrasonic with water
- Take a sandwich baggie and fill with enough cleaner to cover your jewelry (approximately 1 inch)
- Place our jewelry in the baggie and seal
- Submerge the bag into the water and turn on the ultrasonic cleaner
This allows you to preserve cleaner and if you have loose stones, they’ll stay in the baggie. Brilliant, isn’t it?
Believe me, I’ve tried it all. These are the easiest and best ways to get the most sparkle from your jewelry. The cleaner we use at Yelton’s Fine Jewelers is all natural and oil based so it won’t damage your metals. I wouldn’t recommend that your kiddos drink it, but if they do, there is no need to panic. They’ll be fine.
As a word of caution, never buy jewelry cleaners that promise results in less than five minutes. These products contain harmful agents that can break down the metals in your jewelry. On top of that, consumption will require a trip to the ER. Yikes. I can’t even think about it.
Wishing you all sparkly bling from here on out. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to send them my way.