It’s been a crazy month. From getting into the holiday groove to tackling a to-do list that extends from West Chester to the North Pole, we’ve been pretty busy over here. And, now the main event has arrived. It’s Christmas. The tree is lit, we’ve prepared our feast and the presents are ready to be unwrapped. Phew. We made it.
From our family to yours, we wish you a very merry Christmas. Enjoy your time off, kick up those boots and relax. See you in the New Year!
Clunky appliances, ugly sweaters, Groupon vouchers, you name it and I’ve probably received it as a gift in the past. While I appreciate the gestures and always find a good use for any gift, I wanted to provide some words of advice for all of the men out there.
Yes, guys. For those of you who are struggling to find that perfect present to put under the tree. This one is for you.
As you walk through the stores or scour the Internet for something she’ll love, nothing seems to stand out. After all what do you get for a girl that seems to have everything? The problem is only exacerbated when she hasn’t asked for a single thing. “surprise me,” she says.
I’ll let you in on a little secret. When those two little words, “surprise me”, come out, that’s not what she really means. What she really means is “find me something that you know I will love and that represents what I mean to you”.
Gasp. The pressure.
Deep breathes. I’ve got your back. If you happen to love a girl that has everything, here are some simple tips to help you find that perfect gift. If you follow these rules, I guarantee that your “surprise” will be everything that she hoped for.
- Listen closely. While she may not have asked for anything, I’d bet that if you start listening to every side comment and whisper there are going to be some great hints. When you hear things like, “I need a vacation” or “if I only had a Vitamix”, she’s not just venting. Put ‘em on the list!
- Simplify it. Whether you’ve got $100 or $1,000 dollars to spend, don’t create extra work by trying to find multiple gifts that she’ll love. Focus. Ask her family members and friends what that one thing is that she needs and wants. Simplify the process and place all of your bets on that one item.
- Use your own judgment. Rather than struggling to figure out her unique style and taste, rely on your own! When you walk into a store, look for items that you would love to see on her. It’s a sure win and bonus points if you tell her you bought it because you thought it would look great on her.
- When in doubt, buy jewelry. I know, I’m biased, but it does make a great gift for any occasion. It’s not just the sparkles, or that beautiful, signature Yelton’s box. When you give the gift of jewelry she’ll appreciate the fact that you took time to find something that’s sentimental and will last for many years to come.
- Need more help? Give me a shout or stop by the store for some one-on-one shopping assistance. I’m here to help you get it right.
Happy shopping and above all, remember, you’ve got this! Even us girls who seem to have everything appreciate your consideration and your tenacity when it comes to holiday shopping. So what if it ends up being another bulky sweater, we’re going to cherish it anyways. And, that’s the truth.