This past Sunday I took some time for me and sat down to watch all of the glitz and glamour that is the Red Carpet. I even caught some, but not all of the Oscars. I’ll admit it, for me it’s less about the awards and more about those beautiful dresses, and of course, the bling.
Here were some of my favorites:
- Idina Menzel: WOW!! My good friend Simon G definitely decked her out! And, that dress. Does anyone know where I can find a version of this in my price range?
- J-Lo: While I loved her look, I’m a bit disappointed that she didn’t add a necklace to the mix. She would have looked fabulous in some chocolate diamonds from Le Vian.
- Rosamund Pike from Gone Girl: Love her dress. I also loved the drop detail of her earrings, but if you ask me, they could have been a bit larger (wink).
- Jessica Chastain: Her blue dress looked stunning with that glistening diamond necklace by Piaget. We are definitely going to see this style make a comeback in 2015.
- Faith Hill: While I’m not sure about her new “do”, her 50” drop necklace more than made up for it. So beautiful! I just picked out a 50″ Diamonds by the Yard necklace for the store, stop by and try it on. I have no doubt it will make you feel Red Carpet fabulous!
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum: If you were able to take your eyes off of her beau, Channing, for just one second you might agree that she wore it perfectly. I also love how her earrings tied the whole look together.
And for every Oscar win, there has to be a couple of losers. Here are some looks that didn’t quite hit it home for me:
- Lupita Nyong’o: C’mon Calvin Klein. Really, all pearls? While I am all for pearls as an accessory this was a little bit over the top. I might even say crazy!
- Lady Gaga: Who could forget. While we all know she likes to go above and beyond, she should have stopped before she slipped on those red rubber gloves. Yikes.
After all of the red carpet action I found myself sitting there, wondering how I might be able to be snag a seat at next years award ceremony. Does anyone have any hookups? If not, I’ll settle for that Idina Menzel dress and those stunning Simon G. accessories. Every girl can dream.