This past week I had the opportunity to spend some time away with some great friends. There was lots of laughter, many heart-to-heart moments and just a few cocktails (can you blame us). Coming back from it all, I’m feeling refreshed, positive, and also reflective. I definitely wouldn’t be who I am today without such strong women in my life. They’ve been there through the bad, they’ve talked me through the confusing and above all, they always help me grow.
While I appreciate every lesson that I’ve learned from my female friends, these are some that I’ll never forget:
- Find Balance: While it’s important to work hard (and we do), it’s equally as important to recognize when it’s time to slow down, schedule a massage, or plan a date night. If you ask me, there is no shame in self care. It’s what keeps us from burning out.
- Let Go: Every moment is an opportunity to refresh. Soak up all that is good in life, and as for the bad … let it go. It’s much easier to move forward when you have less weighing you down.
- No Distance Too Far: When it comes to true friendship, distance is irrelevant. With cell phones, e-mail and social media, these days, it’s easier than ever to stay connected. And, when you finally meet again, I love when it feels as if no time has passed.
- Life is For Learning: When you look at my group of friends, no two women are the same. Our backgrounds, our beliefs, and our lifestyles vary. Some may think that would be an obstacle, but to us it’s an opportunity to learn.
- Be Genuine: When I get together with my ladies, we keep it real. After all there’s nothing more exhausting than trying to be someone that you aren’t.