Spring is on its way, which means that wedding season is just around the corner! As a jeweler, I have to say this is one of my favorite times of the year. The happy couples. The ooey-gooey love stories. Ahem, the beautiful bling. I love it all.
If you’re planning to say “I Do” this summer, be sure to stop by for Wedding Band Weekend at Yelton Fine Jewelers! On Friday, March 18th and Saturday, March 19th we’re offering both wedding bands and engagement rings for buy one, get one 50% off*. It’s a great opportunity to express your love and save. #winning
Until the big event, here are a few wedding band facts to keep you entertained …
- Forever, Always: By design wedding bands are a complete circle, with no beginning and no end. Throughout history this shape has represented eternity and everlasting love.
- Straight To The Heart: The wedding band is traditionally worn on the fourth finger of the left hand. Why you ask? Because the vein in this finger was believed to lead directly to the heart.
- Cultural Differences: Even today, in many European countries the wedding ring is worn on the right finger, not the left. In Jewish tradition the ring goes on the index finger instead.
- His And Hers: The tradition of both the bride and groom wearing a wedding band wasn’t popular until the twentieth century. Back in the day, only the ladies got the bling. Guys, I say go for it!
- Tons Of Gold: Each year in the United States roughly seventeen tons of gold are used to make wedding rings. Not to mention all of the other alternative materials that designers are using these days.
* Valid 3/18/16 and 3/19/16. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Some exclusions apply, see store for details.