Spring is on its way, which means that wedding season is just around the corner! As a jeweler, I have to say this is one of my favorite times of the year. The happy couples. The ooey-gooey love stories. Ahem, the beautiful bling. I love it all.
If you’re planning to say “I Do” this summer, be sure to stop by for Wedding Band Weekend at Yelton Fine Jewelers! On Friday, March 18th and Saturday, March 19th we’re offering both wedding bands and engagement rings for buy one, get one 50% off*. It’s a great opportunity to express your love and save. #winning
Until the big event, here are a few wedding band facts to keep you entertained …
- Forever, Always: By design wedding bands are a complete circle, with no beginning and no end. Throughout history this shape has represented eternity and everlasting love.
- Straight To The Heart: The wedding band is traditionally worn on the fourth finger of the left hand. Why you ask? Because the vein in this finger was believed to lead directly to the heart.
- Cultural Differences: Even today, in many European countries the wedding ring is worn on the right finger, not the left. In Jewish tradition the ring goes on the index finger instead.
- His And Hers: The tradition of both the bride and groom wearing a wedding band wasn’t popular until the twentieth century. Back in the day, only the ladies got the bling. Guys, I say go for it!
- Tons Of Gold: Each year in the United States roughly seventeen tons of gold are used to make wedding rings. Not to mention all of the other alternative materials that designers are using these days.
For more information and to RSVP for Wedding Band Weekend, hop on over to Yeltons.com. I’m looking forward to seeing you all then!
* Valid 3/18/16 and 3/19/16. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Some exclusions apply, see store for details.
The New Year has just begun and already I’m noticing two trends – color and engagement.
When it comes to adding color to your wardrobe, I’m going to have to agree with Pantone on their 2016 Color of The Year. The combination of warm, Rose Quartz and cool, Serenity is fabulous. Out of curiosity, I scoped the showroom floor at Yelton’s to see if I might be able to find any bling that matched this refreshing color scheme. Sure enough, Luvente and Tacori pulled through.
If you’re looking for a piece with warmer tones consider the Tacori Moon Rose collection. The peach moonstones deliver an elegant dose of color while the diamond accents offer that shine that we all appreciate.
Luvente really hit it out of the park, delivering the perfect contrast between contrast, beauty and fashion. The earrings you see below feature blue topaz set in rose gold. The two tones looks fabulous together and are further accentuated by … you know it, diamonds!
Last but not least, engagement! While every January is a busy month for engagement rings, this year I feel like every other customer I see is ready to pop the question. Love is in the air folks. Based on what our customers are asking for fancy shapes are still in. I love how the oval and pear-shaped diamonds deliver that same sparkly look, with an added dose of personality.
Happy New Year everyone! If these jewelry trends are any indication for how the rest of the year will go, I’d say it’s going to be pretty fabulous. Stay tuned for more jewelry trends as 2016 continues on.
Our Diamond & Bridal Event is just over one week away. Naturally, I’ve had love on my mind. Having been married for more than fifteen years, I know first hand how blissful and, ahem, how challenging relationships can be. The ability to experience and work through it all together is what makes a marriage so beautiful, but as woman how can you be certain that you’ve found “the one”?
Well ladies, as someone that sells symbols of love every single day, I’ve noticed a few trends. If you ask The Jeweler’s Wife, here are ten signs that he’s the man for you:
- You can remember exactly how you felt the first time you met him.
- Whether you’re dressed up, or in sweats, he makes you feel beautiful.
- He’ll step our of his comfort zone to explore your interests.
- You’re not afraid to ask each other the tough questions.
- He’ll put everything aside when he knows that you need him.
- You recognize that you will have to grow together and you’re all in.
- He treats your friends and family members as if they were his own.
- You both make time for each other, as well as yourselves.
- He knows how to make you laugh, even if it’s in the middle of a fight.
- When you think about the future, you can’t imagine it without him.
If you were nodding your head as you read through that list, congrats! You found him. Keep at it, and if you’re ready for that next step, come see me. Our Diamond & Bridal Event is the perfect opportunity to seal the deal with a bit of sparkle, and save while you’re at it. Hope to see you all there, and I can’t wait to meet him (wink)!